Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ode to My "Pen"


There lay my sword helpless and unaccompanied;

For I have not accorded it now for ages.

Looks spate through the air to meet mine;

To explore the profundity of my cages.


I gaze it with a tacit look;

When my senses dive into the yesteryear.

Me fagging, enduring and ascertaining;

Sans any halt …sans any fear.


How I manifested the intuitive feeling in me;

How I basked in glory.

How every moment had a special vigor;

Every word had a story.


I demand to rationalize the wilder me;

A reason for the abrupt doom.

Alas !! I fail miserably;

I wish I could come back soon.


My eyes wide open, heart gasping hard;

I rush through the thoughts that I shortly had.


I take a vow never to forfeit , never to lone my sword;

For it has known the genuine me, it is my God.

7 comments:

Padmaja's desk said...

oye LIPS kana be MBA join kala pare literature kut-kut ke bahar aa raha hai..
its lovely yar..
sata kaha kouthu tipichu na!!!! :p
kk..among all da things u hv written so far dis is da best yar... lemme give u an advice..
do publish all your poemz.
u can show it to Rajni Sir for further corrections par ek bar maine dekh liya na soch le hit hai :p
kk..keep writing..

Jake_Sully said...

It's literature, it's art!! Awesome piece. Loved reading it. (except the fact that I had to Google quite a few words of it. ;))

PINKAL said...

@Paddy- oyeeee.... its certified original work...duffer :P n yeh I will surely forward my small anthology to Rajni Sir. His comments are all the more necessary :)
Anyway thanks...luv ya :)


@Nihar- I love it when someone compliments me on literature :)
Thank you so much buddy :)

Unknown said...

another lovely work from our lippo proves that all those dry business discussions and management jargons couldn't kill the poet inside her...trulely it reflects...good work...!!!

PINKAL said...

@sayani- thank you dearie :)

Unknown said...

i like this one a lot...but i didnt quite get the third line..good yaar nice

PINKAL said...

Hey Rij thankies...!!
Bdw the third line says that "my pen's looks tore through the air to meet my looks"